Things You Should Be Aware Of If We Are Social Media Friends
(in other words, Why I Don’t “Like” Your Stuff):
1. I will probably never like any animal pictures, your pet or otherwise. Don’t take it personally.
2. I HATE the Boomerang app and refuse to like any post that was created with it, regardless of content.
3. I am annoyed by the style of Tasty videos and won’t like those either, even if I think the recipe looks good.
4. I tend to not check my Instagram feed for several days at a time so when I do, I scroll through so quickly that I miss a lot. Or I just don’t scroll back far enough to see everything I missed.
5. I log in to Facebook with the intent of catching up on my feed but have a reduced attention span and usually give up after a few seconds. I don’t even bother with Twitter anymore.
6. Blame the Facebook and Instagram organizers who arbitrarily decide for me on whose shit to show me and whose never shows up in my feed.
7. I don’t think the like button means “I have been online and am acknowledging that you have also”. I think it means I legitimately LIKE what you have posted.
8. I literally forget to hit like most of the time.